Software engineer with a wide variety of skill sets. Specifically interested in developing mobile applications and building dynamic web applications. Love working with people and technology to solve seemingly impossible problems with strikingly simple solutions.
B.S., Computer Information Technology
Brigham Young University – Idaho, Graduated December 2012, 3.44 GPA
Deseret Book Company
- Developed additional functionality for Deseret Book's e-commerce site while maintaining legacy code.
- Improved the accuracy of international shipping estimates by integrating with DHL's shipping rate calculator.
I~Comm Student Media
- Optimized the campus newspaper’s website for mobile viewing using responsive CSS and AJAX.
- Developed a custom WordPress theme in PHP for easy maintainability and content updating.
Freelance iOS and Web Engineer
- Gathered requirements from clients for several iPhone applications. Worked individually and with company employees to develop applications that met specifications.
- Developed web applications for different clients in PHP, Ruby, and Python. Verified browser compatibility across all major operating systems and browsers.
Quality Assurance Intern
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Created test cases that covered application requirements for the Church’s global legal system. Worked closely with developers to fix bugs.
- Automated the export and import of hiring data in PeopleSoft using a custom testing script written in Ruby. Using automation, the project was completed ahead of schedule.
- Worked together with a small team to ship one of the first native iPhone applications.
- Developed a sorting algorithm in Objective-C to determine the closest retail store that carried a specific item.
- Developed a custom navigation controller that allowed the application to be dynamically built from a SQLite database which could be updated without resubmitting to the App Store.
- Contributed to the development of a modular Customer Relationship Management system in Ruby on Rails.
- Developed an internal employee of the month website in Ruby on Rails that was able to be updated by human resources staff.
McGraw Hill Publishing